You are going to love this recipe by Alia at Everyday Easy Eats for Mango Coconut Granola Bars, because they are bursting with tropical flavours and are made with just 6 ingredients. They are an ideal on-the-go snack, because they are easily portable, nutritious and will keep you feeling full for a long time.
These homemade granola bars are made entirely with wholesome ingredients.
- Rolled oats
- Shredded coconuts
- Papa Organics Dried Mango
- Pureed dates
How to make Mango Granola Bars
1. Make the date paste
Add the pitted dates and honey to a food processor. Mix until they form a sticky paste.
2. Combine the dry ingredients
Stir together the rolled oats, dried mango, shredded coconut and almonds in a bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together
Combine the date paste with the dry oat mixture and press into a lined, square baking pan.
4. Freeze and serve
Place in the freezer until firm, then cut into bars and serve.
Tips for making Mango Coconut Granola Bars
These three steps will really help your granola bars to hold together when sliced:
1. Use your hands to combine all of the ingredients together. The date-honey paste is super sticky, so using a spoon won't cut it! This is also a fun step that your kids can get involved in.
2. Very firmly press the granola mixture into the baking pan with your, the sides of a mug or a flat dish.
3. Allow the granola mixture to chill and harden completely, in the freezer before cutting into bars.
Optional: To enhance the flavour of the oats, you can lightly toast them on a baking sheet at 180 degrees celsius for 10 minutes, just until they become fragrant.
Source: Everyday Easy Eats